Hello to all the home care agency owners serving Medicaid clients in Virginia! Today, we’re providing time-sensitive information that can help you out with caregiver retention. Ralph Northam, the former Governor of Virginia, announced Hazard Pay for caregivers who worked during the COVID-19 Pandemic. The funds for this payment come from the CARES Act of 2020.
Virginia Hazard Pay for Caregivers
Northam said that caregivers employed from March 12, 2020 to June 30th, 2020 are eligible for Hazard Pay if they provided care to Medicaid clients. Agencies can submit rosters of caregivers and must complete the filing by October 31, 2022. The one time Hazard Payment is for $1500 (and is taxable). Additionally, any eligible caregivers will receive one payment of $1500, even if they worked for multiple agencies.
Overview of Hazard Pay Guidelines
Follow the steps below to get your caregivers the extra payment and click on the button above for more info:
- Your agency must provide a roster of your staff (caregivers) to DMAS.
- If your agency only works with the fee-for-service program, DMAS will get in touch with you and provide a contract.
- DMAS will review the roster and determine which caregivers are eligible for the hazard payment.
- Your agency will receive the funding (from DMAS or an MCO) and you’ll then distribute the money to eligible caregivers.
- Once payments are distributed, DMAS will provide you with admin support funding to help cover the burden associated with distributing funds to your caregivers.
Any questions that you have about this benefit, should be emailed to HazardPay@dmas.virginia.gov
In closing, make sure to submit your information to DMAS prior to Monday October 31st, 2022! If you’re interested in receiving any coaching please contact me for a free 30 minute consultation. My number is 678-340-3649 and my email is email@example.com. Visit our site at www.seniorcarebusinessadvisors.com to learn about all the services our company provides.
*Disclaimer: All info given in this article about how to receive the hazard payment from Virginia came from the PDF link above and from the State of Virginia Department of Medical Assistance Services. Senior Care Business Advisors is not affiliated with, or endorsed by, the State of Virginia.